DATE: Tuesday, October 29th
LOCATION: Nashville Entrepreneur Center
TIME: 9:30 am (Registration Opens), 10:00 am (Seminar Begins), 4:00 pm (Seminar Concludes)
COST: $100 for JAST Members • $150 for EC Members or Nashville Chamber Members • $200 for Future Members
Seminar Limited to 60 Participants - Register NOW!
PROGRAM SPOTLIGHT: Navigating Business Relationships with Japanese Partners. Keynote Luncheon Remarks by The Honorable Motohiko Kato, Consul General of Japan in Nashville.
Get the answers you need to communicate effectively with Japanese colleagues at this one-day seminar led by an expert skilled in explaining the intricacies of Japanese business and society.
Cross-cultural business expert Patricia Pringle of Japan Intercultural Consulting will share her expertise in Nashville October 29th at the Nashville Entrepreneur Center from 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The seminar will also feature explanations of proper Japanese etiquette for meals and social activities.
Topics will include:
* Japanese communication style
* Why Japanese tend to be vague/ indirect - how to interpret what they mean
* Why Japanese don't offer a lot of feedback
* Overcoming the language barrier
* How to confirm whether you've been understood correctly
* How decisions are made in Japanese organizations
* Why Japanese avoid risk
* How to get your ideas accepted by a Japanese organization
* How to make meetings with Japanese more effective
* How to build strong working relationships with Japanese
* How to behave appropriately at meals and other social situations
* What to keep in mind if you travel to Japan for business
* What most bothers Japanese about the Americans they work with
Instructor: Patricia Pringle
Japanese-style Lunch included with keynote remarks by Consul General of Japan in Nashville The Honorable Motohiko Kato.