Nashville healthcare is about to get a check-up. August 19 and 20 marks the inaugural Health:Further conference presented by Parallon and produced by healthcare innovation generator Jumpstart Foundry and designed to bring nationwide industry leaders and innovators in the medical field together to discuss the industry’s future.Read More
The EC’s monthly SipIt! series, created in partnership with The Tennessean, highlights the entrepreneurial stories of our local Nashvillians. This month, CEO and Founder of Jackalope Brewery Bailey Spaulding shared about the early days of Jackalope. Spaulding discussed how they stuck to their vision of becoming Nashville’s brewery by challenging themselves to stay local and grow with Nashville. Spaulding also shared how key ingredients of persistence, passion and heart are key to creating a culture others want to join.Read More
This week on the EC Podcast we talk with Corey Davis from the Nashville Chamber regarding the upcoming NEXT Awards. You can download the other weekly recaps iniTunes: The Nashville Entrepreneurship Story. If you're on an Android device, or prefer Stitcher Radio, you can get our podcasts on the Stitcher App.Read More
Dee Anna Smith, CEO of Sarah Cannon, expands on her recent Health Chat at the EC (in partnership with the Nashville Health Care Council) by talking about the “why” behind the healthcare industry and what makes successful healthcare entrepreneurs. She also discusses the steps individuals and companies need to make to course correct in their leadership strategy.Read More
This week we hosted The U.S. Department of Commerce's Startup Global Seminar. I've included 4 interviews below in a playlist that explains what this is and how entrepreneurs can utliize their services to take their businesses international. There were national and local speakers, including David Green. He was speaking as a member of Connected Home within Schneider Electric and shared his experience as one of the "1st enterprise entrepreneurs."Read More
This week's EC Podcast includes:
- An EC member interview with Jeff Albee, founder of TabletTable. He shares his advice for entrepreneurs who are working with mentors.
- Pre-Flight spots are now available. I talked with Robbie Goldsmith and Heather McBee on what it is and what's new about it.
- We have a TechTalk next week in partnership with the Nashville Technology Council here at the EC on July 7th at 5:30PM. Talent Sourcing: The Art of Finding, Leading and Engaging Talent
- I talked with Bryan Huddleston, CEO of the NTC, about their upcoming Annual Meeting on July 23 2015, 8am
This weeks podcast includes: Renata Soto, co-founder of Conexion Americas, a Nashville nonprofit that promotes the social, economic and civic integration of Latino immigrant families, Keva Walton, Charlotte Chamber Senior Vice President Member Engagement, Strategic Partnerships and Diversity& David Hall, partner at Revolution Ventures.Read More
This story includes:
- Happy #StartupDay! This day occurred June 19th as a way to celebrate startups from around the state.
- Heather McBee is promoted as our new Program Director for our year round Project Music Vertical.
- Heather shared her first day with Julia Polk, who was also recently hired. She is our Chief Program Officer and will be adding value to alumni companies and connecting EC rescues to those we serve.
- Sarah Lacy and Heather McBee shared entrepreneurial hacks at PandoLand during their joint session.
- Stuart McWhorter is more than 2/3rd's the way through his first 90 days as the EC CEO. He has been interviewed by NPR's Emily Siner regarding The Future of Nashville Tech Is Not Just In Healthcare, among others. In the interview below, he shares his thoughts on his time thus far.
There's certainly an ongoing conversation around equality in tech and entrepreneurship, including women in tech and entrepreneurship in our region. From the 35 interviews I recorded at 36|86, I wanted my first segment to highlight some of these stories I heard first hand at the conference. I've got a great line up for you.Read More